#37 – How Much Time Should You Spend on Your Personal Finances?
If you want to make real progress with your financial goals, I recommend you don’t just look at your money now and again… I love making the process of achieving financial security and freedom as simple as possible. But the truth is, the longer you hold off checking in with your financial situation and progress, the harder it is to take that step each time. I’ve made the comparison before, but it’s a bit like going to the dentist: the longer you postpone, the scarier it becomes. As who knows what things will look like after all this time?
That’s why I’m a big advocate of making personal finances a part of your every day life. There’s a lot of power in creating little habits that will help you stay on top of your current finances ánd future goals, so that there’s nothing scary about any of it. In that way it becomes a lot easier and a lot more fun, as you’ll witness your own progress towards financial security and freedom on a regular basis, without it taking up much of your time at all!
So… How much time should you be spending on your financial affairs? Well, I am so glad you asked, because even though it’s hard to give one clear answer that works for everybody (as we all have different goals, priorities, complexities and interests!) in this episode of the Financial Harmoney Podcast I go into this question in more detail ánd I give you a starting point with regards to the amount of time I suggest you set aside for each of these habits.
After listening to this episode you’ll know:
- The purpose of Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 habits.
- The 1 – 2 habits I recommend you implement daily, weekly and monthly to get maximum results.
- How much time I recommend you set aside for each of those habits to check in with your finances (it’s probably a lot less than you think!)
You definitely don’t want to miss this episode if you’ve been wondering how much time your personal finances should really take you.
- Kickstart your dream life in 10 steps
- Episode 8: 3 Modern-day Strategies to Pay Yourself First (Personal Capital)
- Episode 13: What Will Your Retirement Look Like?
- Episode 33: Have A Partner Who’s Not Into Financial Planning?
- Episode 36: Do The Every Day to Fast Track Your Goals
Discover more episodes of the Financial Harmoney Podcast!